Community Service Announcement
Provide a Consumer Perspective to Renal Care in Victoria (Australia)
Do you have recent lived experience of kidney disease as a patient, carer or family member? We’re looking for consumers to join our Renal Clinical Network Insight subcommittee.
As a member, you will provide an important voice in strategic planning, support the use of evidence and data, and enhance the quality of kidney disease care across Victoria.
Safer Care Victoria’s Renal Clinical Network is currently looking for two Consumer Representatives to join their Renal Clinical Network Insight subcommittee and to participate in strategic planning to enhance care for patients with kidney disease across Victoria.
Key selection criteria
We are seeking two consumers who:
- Are enthusiastic and passionate about improving care and experiences for patients with kidney disease and their families across Victoria
- Have recent lived experience as a patient with kidney disease, or family member of a patient, preferably in both hospital and community settings
- Are able to focus on how to improve health care for a large population of patients with kidney disease
- Available to commit to the activities of the subcommittee, including attending face-to-face meetings and electronic communication.
- Participation in Insight subcommittee meetings, approximately every second month (generally 8.30am-10am Monday mornings, at Safer Care Victoria, 50 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne), as well as preparation and contribution to the subcommittee’s work
- Involvement in training sessions to support development in the role.
What do I need to know?
- Applications close Monday 22 October 2018.
- Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee from Safer Care Victoria.
- The final review process will involve face-to-face interviews, including an opportunity to clarify any queries
- Refer to the frequently asked questions on our website.
How to apply
Submit your application to Maree Branagan, Project Lead, Renal Clinical Network (details below), including a one-page cover letter, addressing your interest and relevant experiences that will help you to contribute to improving care for patients with kidney disease and their families across Victoria.
Renal Clinical Network
03 9096 2676
Go for it!