This week the Fistula Health Education for Patients package, developed by Julie Tondello at Diaverum and me is now available for anyone on dialysis.
The Package has been prepared for use on a one-on-one basis by dialysis unit nursing staff, educating patients.
Dialysis Unit staff
- Print out the two-page education sheet and keep it handy for reference during each education session
- Print two color copies of the poster:
- One on an A3 or similar sized page
- One on an A4 or letter sized page.
- Laminate both posters
- Attach the large poster to the unit noticeboard so that all patients can see it
Schedule brief (5-10 minute) education session with all patients. Use the Education sheet and the A4/Letter sized poster during each session.
This material can also be used in a self-learning mode directly by patients. Just print out the two-page education sheet and the poster. Then put aside some time to read the sheet and work through the poster.
This education has been provided for use globally via the Diaverum network and the BigDandMe blog for unrestricted download and use under a creative commons (no fee) licence.
Fistula Health Education for Patients package
Fistula Health Education Poster for Patients